Calling all Malaysian medical students who are studying in the UK to join our big family!
MMI UK is currently recruiting new council members for the 2017/2018 academic year, and this is the perfect opportunity for you to challenge yourself and be part of an amazing team. Since its inception in 2013, various events ranging from conferences to social gatherings have been organised under MMI’s banner with the aim to connect Malaysian medical students and healthcare professionals while educating them about relevant healthcare issues and cultivating skills essential to their future career.
As a relatively young student-led organisation, we aspire to continue organising high-quality events that are beneficial to the Malaysian medics community and we also hope to further increase our presence throughout the UK. To achieve these goals, we are looking forward to recruiting and working along with enthusiastic medical students who are passionate about making a difference in the Malaysian medical community!
These are the posts available for the upcoming term along with their respective portfolios. The committee functions in a supportive manner, providing assistance to other council members whenever and wherever needed. Council members are not confined to this set of portfolios and there will be opportunities to lead initiatives and events throughout the year.
1. General Secretary
- Supports committee members in an administrative aspect.
- Ensures meetings within committee are effectively organized, keeping minutes/reports of meetings and events systematically.
- Aids in proofreading formal letters, emails and proposals to current/potential sponsors or stakeholders of MMI.
- Liaises with internal contacts and handle enquiries, all of which requires timely, efficient and accurate responses.
- Sends out newsletters to all MMI members in a timely manner and keeps committee members updated with upcoming MMI activities and events with regular reports.
- Maintains contacts database for the team, including all members, committee members and external organisations.
- Aids in event planning and takes charge of registration and attendance.
2. Finance Director
- Produces quarterly financial report.
- Manages and maintains the monetary accounts and assets owned by MMI UK.
- Ensures proper budget allocation throughout the year, minimizing cost of expenditure whenever and wherever possible.
- Reimburses members whenever necessary.
- Works closely with Sponsorship and Liaison Office to increase MMI UK’s funds.
3. Media & Design Office Executive
- Manages and updates all digital platforms of MMI UK website and Facebook efficiently.
- Keeps track of insights and improve reach.
- Designs posters for all events or infographics for resources and campaigns.
- Handles publicity of MMI UK.
- Determines overall branding and image of society.
4. Sponsorship and Liaison Office Executive
- Liaises with MMI Executive and other Country Councils to secure sponsorship deals.
- Constructs with sponsorship terms for the various levels of sponsorship from different industries.
- Becomes the Relationship Manager (RM) between MMI UK and the sponsoring company or organization.
- Establishes connections with external organisations to create various opportunities for MMI UK members.
- Works closely with Media team to improve MMI UK’s branding.
5. Events Office Executive
- Submit event proposals at the start of term.
- Plans and executes all MMI UK activities and events effectively throughout the year.
- Strategically plan the dates and venues to host the events.
- Takes charge of collaborations with external organisations.
- Initiates and runs all MMI UK campaigns.
6. University Ambassador Director
- Director of the University Ambassador Council.
- Sets Key Performance Index (KPIs) for the University Ambassadors to achieve throughout the year.
- Oversees all regional and internal events organized by University Ambassadors.
- Establish connections with Malaysian Doctors in the UK, acting as a bridge between them and our members.
- Provides organizational support and advice to University Ambassadors as well as other council members.
- Works closely with the other Executive Council Directors to become the link between Ambassadors and the Directors.
For more information regarding MMI’s aims, past events and campaigns, please refer to our About and News tabs, or click this link to make an application.
Best of luck!